This article will discuss integrating QuickBooks online with Zoho CRM, Inventory, and People. QuickBooks online can be integrated with a number of other Zoho applications as well.
For all types of integrations, be sure to check out the marketplace within the apps that you want to integrate as there may be an extension that can easily be installed. Also, feel free to book a consultation with one of Aether's automation consultants to discuss further options.
For a full list of what integration they're available within QuickBooks online go to this URL: https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/api/accounting/most-commonly-used/account
At the time of writing, there are a couple of extensions within both Zoho CRM's and QBO's marketplaces that may suit your needs. Click here for a list of what's currently available in Zoho CRM. Most of these are paid applications, but there are a couple of free ones.
Using QBO's available API, you can also create custom extensions to suit your needs. If you understand the the basics of API, check back soon for out helpful article on QuickBooks API. Otherwise you may want to hire a professional Zoho Developer to implement a custom solution for you.
Zoho Inventory has an extension that you can install that will synchronize inventory with QuickBooks online. For the full article click here.
- You must have an active account with QuickBooks Online.
- You cannot connect multiple QuickBooks organizations to your Zoho Inventory organization and vice versa.
- Your QuickBooks organization with which you wish to integrate, must have the country as the US.
- Ensure that the base currency of both these organizations is the same.
- If you have enabled multi currency in Zoho Inventory, then you have to enable the same in QuickBooks too.
Set up QuickBooks Online integration in Zoho Inventory
Integrating Zoho Inventory with QuickBooks Online is a simple and straightforward process.
- Log in to your Zoho Inventory account.
- Navigate to the Integrations tab on the sidebar.
- Choose the Accounting tab.
- Click the Connect to QuickBooks button next to QuickBooks Online.
- You will be redirected to QuickBooks Online sign-in page. Enter your credentials to proceed with the integration.
- Once you sign in to QuickBooks, if you have multiple organizations, you need to select the organization you want to connect with Zoho Inventory.
- After selecting an organization, click Connect to complete the integration.
Configure the integration
- Once you have connected with QuickBooks, you will be redirected to your Zoho Inventory account to configure the integration.
- Here, you need to configure the settings to import and export from QuickBooks Online.
Why would you integrate Zoho People with QBO?
1. Time logs from approved timesheets will be pushed as Time Activity or as Time Charge. Employees can be paid out based on the approved timelogs using this integration.
- The time logs that are created for Clients are pushed as Time Charge in the local currency. The currency defined when the Client was created on Zoho People should be the same as the local currency in QuickBooks (Local currency refers to the currency of the organization as created in QuickBooks). If not, then the time logs will be pushed only as Time Activity.
- The time logs that are created without being associated with any Clients will be pushed as Time Activity. Payment for Time Activity should be carried out only in QuickBooks.
2. The bills that have been generated in your Zoho People account can be pushed as Invoice into QuickBooks. The currency that will be used in the bill will be the local currency (Local currency refers to the currency of the organization as created in QuickBooks). However, if you would like to push the bill in some other currency, then you can enable the option called "Multicurrency" in QuickBooks.
How to integration Zoho People with QBO
Click here for a full article on integrating Zoho People with Zoho Books
Below are the steps to integrate QuickBooks with Zoho People.
- From your Zoho People home page, go to Settings > Integration > Others > QuickBooks
- Click Configure under QuickBooks
- Click on the Connect to QuickBooks button to complete authorization
By doing so, you will be redirected to QuickBooks Online Sign-in page.
Enter your QuickBooks credentials to proceed with the integration.
QuickBooks is now configured successfully with Zoho People and you will be able to push your Time logs and Bills to your QuickBooks online account.